Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Church Camp and Driving...



Ahh... it's that time of year again! I have lost a child to church camp. Our camp is for kids going into 4th grade through kids going into 7th grade. It is called Camp Michindoh and is located in Hillsdale MI. It is a very nice camp and the kids enjoy it a great deal and come back pumped up about God. Right now Shannon is the only one of my kids who can go to camp and with that broken ankle getting her there was a challenge. First off she wasn't real sure she wanted to go since she broke her ankle. We convinced her that she would still have fun. Secondly, was that crowded bus trip on crutches. Hmmm.. Well, I guess that I can drive her. SO, Monday Shannon, her good friend Leah, Leah's Mom and I drove to camp. It was a fun and uneventful drive up and the girls were excited to get there. On the way back we had another Mom with us. We stopped for supper and did the "Mom thing" which means we gabbed about our girls. This to me made the whole trip worthwhile since I don't get to connect with adults to much in the summertime. Friday we will do the trip in reverse, eating lunch out before we go and get our girls.

In the meantime, Cameron is continuing drivers training. Today he started the driving part. He really has caught on pretty well. He bribed Regan and I tonight with ice cream from Baskin Robbins if I would just let him go drive. Of course, who can say no to ice cream or their first born so off we went. It was a fun evening that ended with that yummy ice cream. I tried something different tonight. I can't remember what it is called but it was chocolate and vanilla ice cream with caramel and it was very good. I would definitely get it again. And for those of you who don't know this if you go to baskinrobbins.com you can sign up to get a free ice cream the week of your birthday.

No comments: