Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Drivers Training and Life


Cameron started driver's training yesterday. Yep! You heard me right. My little boy is growing up. Wow! When did that happen?? I can't believe that he is 15. As he was driving me around today and I was trying really hard not to let him see how nervous he was making me, I was reminded again how fast life goes by. Lately, it seems that I am getting lots of e-mails from my church about older folks who are dying. You know what I'm talking about, the pillars of the church, the ones that have been there forever. It is so sad and yet so joyous all at the same time. Sad because they leave behind so many family and friends who will miss them and joyous because they are in a better place and they aren't old or in pain anymore. Cameron reminds me of my mortality. It's not just because he's driving either. I really don't expect him to wreck the van. Ha! He's actually very conscientious. It's more about the fact that he is just getting older and wiser. He has always been wise beyond his years (must have got that from Jim cause he sure didn't get it from me). He just says so many things that just blow me away. This summer I've actually seen all three of my kids mature a great deal. So many changes, so little time. I plan on enjoying every second, every minute, every day of this time in their lives. It's
beyond priceless. So, I guess that I am going to hold on tight and enjoy this ride. I hope that you all are doing the same with your own kids. Trust me, it will never be boring...

No comments: