


This seems to be the year of the picnic. Show Choir works different events in order to earn money for their choreography, music, vocal training, asst. director, band, costumes and probably a bunch of other things that I don't even know about. Anyways, just from hearing that little bit you probably realize that being in Show Choir costs a LOT. You are absolutely right, it does. To be in the mixed group of boys and girls, each student has to pay $800 for their costumes. If you are a girl and are in both groups, then the cost for costumes is $1200. We run fundraisers for costumes or you can just pay out of your own pocket. We chose the fundraiser route. The first picnic we did was for the local pipefitters and plumbers union and the second one was for a plant that makes parts for automobiles. The picnics have big blow up things and lots of games and food. We man the events, serving food and providing workers for the games. They are 1 day events and the choir can usually make between $1000 and $2000 dollars per event. This weekend was for the car parts people and the weather was perfect, not to hot and not to cold. The pictures are of Shannon (who I forced to work) with a bunch of middle school show choir girls (who just happen to be her friends) and of Cameron and one of his best friends Brittany. These guys worked their butts off from 10am till almost 7pm yesterday. I worked to but my job wasn't near as hard as theirs. I should feel guilty but I don't. Oh well!
1 comment:
I sure u just forgot to take a picture of me. Since... you know...you had EVERYONE ELSE up there...
hate
Post a Comment