
Some days I look in the mirror and I wonder who I am... that teenager who used to love to have a good time...the college student whose life revolved around her friends...the newlywed whose whole life revolved around her husband...the young mother who changed diapers & got excited over even the smallest things her kids did...the same mom who spanked, yelled, hugged and kissed her kids...
Now as they are reaching those teenage years, I am finding that I've lost myself in my husbands and my kids lives... Who Am I? The business of having 2 teens and one preteen often precludes me from asking these questions but I do believe that they need to be asked. Who Am I? What do I want to be when I grow up? Can I be 40 and still ask those questions? I honestly believe that I can and should. I don't want my kids to "leave the nest" in a few years and not know who I am or what I want outside of them. Hmmm... Some deep thinking may be in the works... I'm sure there will be more to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment