Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A writers quandry..


I always thought of myself as a somewhat prolific writer that is until I got into blogging and face book. There I am far from the most prolific writer. I like to write. I find it enjoyable and a good way to pass the time. I have written since the day I learned how to write my first letters. I wrote my first book in the second grade but I am not in the same league as many, many people in Blog-world.

There are days when I sit and wonder why I don’t write as much as I used to. My answer is time. I don’t have as much. And when I do have it, I do exciting things like take naps or watch tv. My writing has become newsletters, sermon notes and communications expert (sort of). It is not the same as it used to be. I find that sad.

A writer is by nature someone who waxes philosophical about their life, their dreams, and their journey. A writer tells a story from what they have experienced. They cannot tell a story about something that they have never experienced unless they do a boatload of study first. And by the time they do all the studying, they have become experienced on the matter, so my point remains the same. We write on what we know.

Tonight I know this…I love to write! I want to write more! I may not get something in here every day but I would like to say more than I have in the last few months. And so begins the journey…

No comments: