
You know....I have this awesome son! The problem is he is a senior in high school and I am having a really hard time letting him go. My "Mommy's heart" just wants to hold on tight to my little boy and not let go.
Hmm...now this is a dilemma! Have I raised him all of these years to be self sufficient just to hold on tight now? No! My first inclination is to do that anyways. How to let go? That is my bigger problem. He is ready...and I am not. Having a senior I am forced to look back at the choices I made while I was raising him. It forces me to see how time is so swiftly flying by. It forces me to reexamine me and what I have done with the last 17 years of my life. Yuck! Now there is a thought I wish I hadn't had.
A senior? Wow! Where is the time going? Next thing I know Cameron will be in college and then married and then having kids of his own. Okay...enuf said...I am gonna go cry in my soup.
No comments:
Post a Comment